Peter McFarland, J.D. LL.M.
Mr. McFarland has called Long Law Group, LLC his professional home since early 2013 after working at the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at the University of Denver. He earned his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Denver and returned to his alma mater for one additional year after passing the Colorado Bar Exam to earn his Master in Laws in Taxation (LL.M.). Since joining Long Law Group, LLC, Peter is proud to provide counsel to his clients on matters ranging from business entity and asset protection planning, traditional estate planning, real estate law, to tax controversy litigation and resolution. Peter conducts regular free webinars focused on a range of legal issues related to his practice areas and can often be found speaking in front of real estate investor networking and education groups.
Admitted: State of Colorado; U.S. Tax Court
Master of Laws in Taxation: University of Denver, LL.M.
Law School: University of Denver, J.D.
- Honors: Moot Court Board, Staff Editor of The Writ, Department Award for Legal History
College: DePauw University, B.A.
- Honors: Dean’s List, Hargitt Memorial Scholar, Honor Scholar; Major: Anthropology
Member: Colorado Bar Association (Member, Taxation Section) and American Bar Association (Member, Taxation Section), Minoru Yasui Inn of Court.
- “Testing Your Lease Knowledge,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, September 2015
- “The #1 Question Investors and Landlords Ask About Setting Up A Business Entity,” Peak Possibilities, November 2015
- “Real Estate Investors: Beware of Unintended Consequences When Using Your IRA,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, December 2015.